I recently shared this idea with a group in Dallas, and found it to be very thought provoking, and witnessed it making a big impact.
Dani Johnson often refers to the Bible as “the greatest success story every written”. I love this description, as it truly contains THE principles and promises that unlock for us THE future that God has always wanted for us.
Success is not a respecter of persons. Success is not for a select few; it is for anyone who is willing to cooperate with the Principles of Success. Did you know that the Bible actually talks about success?
On today’s program, I want us to look at one passage of scripture, and dig deep into what it means concerning success. Here we go: 10 Principles That Guarantee Your Success.
Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous; be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.
~ Joshua 1: 6, 7
Be strong and courageous – this is not a suggestion. This is a command. God will never command you to a virtue that is outside of your capacity or your reach. Therefore, strength is attainable, and is on the other side of obedience.
God is with us. He has redeemed us. He has invited us, and He will lead us – but we must DO!
Our obedience, paired with purposeful action, guarantees us success.
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
~ Joshua 1:8, 9
What is on your mind, what what is in your mouth, is pointing you in the direction of your tomorrow. In other words, what dominates your mind also comes out of your mouth, and what comes out of your mouth determines your level of prosperity and success!
What you think about, and what you talk about, sets the course of your days and of your life.
10 Principles That Guarantee Your Success:
1. You must choose strength and courage.
2. Observe God’s laws, and follow His leadership.
3. Do not deviate or modify the instructions to fit your agenda or comfort level.
4. You must act/do if you expect to have results.
5. Consume God’s word.
6. Think about (meditate on) what His Word says about these things day and night.
7. Confess/Affirm the truth God has spoken concerning your life.
8. Refuse to allow fear to paralyze you.
9. Do not be dismayed.
10. Be conscious of His presence. He is with you in every situation.
Ask yourself some serious questions.
- What are you feeding your mind?
- Who has your ear?
- Are you intentional and strategic in your consumption of God’s Word?
- Who in your life is a faith and life builder?
- Who in your life is a faith stealer?
- Are you building a trusting relationship with God as your leader and Father?
- Are you hearing His voice?
- Are you following His instructions?
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. In July, we will be launching our Strategic Living Institute monthly seminar series here in the Dallas area. For more informaiton on that, visit brianholmes.com/seminars
2. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at brianholmes.com/speaking
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!