We can actually become STUCK in a present state because of limiting beliefs. The truth is most of what we struggle with in our lives, is not because of someone, or something outside of ourselves. It is because of our underlying core beliefs about life, worth, value, ability, etc.
If we can tune into the thoughts and the self talk taking place in our minds, and change our picture of what is possible, we can change our world.
In this episode, I want to share with you Four Steps For Overcoming Limiting Beliefs.
How you see yourself, your life, relationships, money, success, God, the opposite sex … has a direct bearing on how you will EXPERIENCE these things.
These kinds of beliefs completely paralyze us from becoming all God has intended us to be. You must change your mind, so you can change your world.
4 Steps for Overcoming Limiting Beliefs:
1. Identify the Limiting Belief
- Identify marker moments
- Identify models
- Identify imposed identities
- Identify words and ideas adopted as truth
- Identify opinions of others/yourself
- Stop that! That is not who I am.
- That is not how I behave.
- That believe no longer serves me.
- That is an untruth, therefore I will not align myself with it.
- What if…..?
- Ask yourself questions so you can reframe what really IS possible.
- What is the truth?
- How do I effectively replace the old with the new?
- Word pictures
As a man thinketh, so is he. We act in accordance with the truth as we believe it to be. In what holds you back in your life, you’ll need to change your mind so you can change your world. Remember these four steps for overcoming limiting beliefs.
Ask Me A Question
If you have a question, comment, thought or concern, you can share those with me by clicking below or leave your comments (bottom of this post) and dialogue with others as they work towards their own freedom and development.
1. Become a Coaching Client! I still have two available openings for personal coaching clients. If you would like to have me coach you in business, general life strategies, or other areas, please CONTACT ME for a free 30 minute consultation.
2. If you would like to have me speak at your church, conference, or event, please visit my speaking page at brianholmes.com/speaking
3. Monday Mastery: New Series on Strategic Living.
Subscribe to the Podcast
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
- Subscribe to our updates at www.BrianHolmes.com
- Subscribe to the podcast via iTunes, Stitcher, Blackberry, Zune, or other services.
Share the Love
I’d also be grateful if you would RATE OUR PODCAST ON iTunes. That helps tremendously with making my podcast visible, so people who have never heard it can discover it. I’m grateful. Share this with your friends and associates on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
Until next time, remember … You were made in His image, designed for a purpose, and are destined for greatness. The world is waiting for the REAL YOU to show up. God Bless!